Re: [Xen-devel] comprehensive documentation of clock-related options for

Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] comprehensive documentation of clock-related options for HVM guests
From: Guillaume Rousse <Guillaume.Rousse@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:38:44 +0100
Cc: dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 00:39:07 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keir Fraser a écrit :
It's also worth pointing out that NTP synchronisation in dom0 does not
affect HVM guest synchronisation at all. And in general that would be very
hard to do in a way that isn't fragile. The only solutions I can see here
for absolute time synchronisation are a PV driver or daemon for time
handling (which we do not currently have for any type of HVM guest) or
perform NTP synchronisation in the guest itself (our time handling should be
accurate enough for an ntp daemon to latch onto it).
That's what (ntp sync in guests) we do, sorry if I wasn't clear. I've tried timer_mode=1 yesterday, it seem to have reduced the deviation to an acceptable level for every host but one. I'll try to switch to timer_mode=2 today.
--
BOFH excuse #40:

not enough memory, go get system upgrade