RE: [Xen-devel] Windows HVM cannot auto reboot after cashdump with moret

To: "Wayne Gong" <wayne.gong@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Windows HVM cannot auto reboot after cashdump with morethen 1 VCPU
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:08:55 +1100
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 03:09:25 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi folks
>
> I meet a problem when implement crash dump feature of winpv drives for
> xen. If a windows HVM (without winpv driver) use more then 1 VCPU, it
> cannot reboot automatically even I set on_crash = 'restart' and
on_reboot
> = 'restart' in vm.cfg file.  If I set VCPU to 1, it works fine. Any
> suggestion?

Does it write out a crash dump file without winpv drivers loaded and
with VCPU > 1

> http://communities.vmware.com/thread/188897 will tell you how to
course a
> BSOD and crash dump manually.
>
> I use Xen 3.1.4.

My drivers can use 'xm sysrq B' to cause a crash dump :)

The crash dump path is pretty fiddly to get right, but is that the
problem you are trying to solve right now?

James