Re: [Xen-devel] Debugging Xen via serial console

To: Emre Can Sezer <ecsezer@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Debugging Xen via serial console
From: Dan Doucette <doucette.daniel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:25:39 -0800
Cc: Xen Devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:26:09 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=UZxZKdz8x6SK0CDE7FrwDhNENxpD3PQKRU3MLXJ0MTE=; b=eZFWqDgnwo9lXoj9FKOKx9tZs4h1DNCzB0fnyNEuVc9SkDXYTqvEeB0uwVJq2bR0uH AhpKAXQhtBj9dVQWkW6Qi1nMy6jnUnF+NIBy6bliQB87J/1Ck51sjAcGqzTEbP9+hoo2 jqCuYWQhqpUrW5LHWYpt2o7NB1SJq8AxY0WoA=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi John,

The patches I submitted quickly fell out of sync with the 3.2 unstable branch at the time.  I found a month or so later they stopped working, and I didnt have the time to keep them up to date.
For Xen debugging, have you tried the kdb branch maintained my Mukesh Rathor (Oracle)?  I used this a few months ago and it seemed to work.  The branch is off the mainline, however.  Its usage is documented in the xen wiki pages, I believe.

If you would prefer to use gdb, the functionality should be easy to resurrect.  There really wasnt much to it.
I would recommend using my serial port splitter (ssplitd.c), which I found easier to use and was complete in its implementation.  I submitted all the changes in proper patch form after the posting you referenced above, if you are interested.

Dan.