Re: [Xen-devel] page ref/type count overflows

To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] page ref/type count overflows
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:54:14 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 06:54:33 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 26/01/2009 14:38, "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I'm having at the cmpxchg8b right now. I'll also widen the fields I guess,
>> since that's pretty easy.
>
> The count_info one only, or are you also intending to change _domain?
> With struct page_info pretty large already, I'd want to avoid growing it
> needlessly.

I'm going to change both and do it the easy way, growing the structure from
40 to 48 bytes. You can shrink it again with the tricks you describe if
you're keen. I'm not sure how ugly the list stuff would end up, which would
be my main concern, but I suppose you can hide it behind list.h-style
macros. I don't see there's much duplication of effort to phase the work
like this.

 -- Keir