[Xen-devel] CPUFREQ on a bread-and-butter AMD 4050e part II was: AMD P-S

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] CPUFREQ on a bread-and-butter AMD 4050e part II was: AMD P-States not recognized for Xen 3.3 and 3.4
From: "Carsten Schiers" <carsten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 22:50:29 +0100
Cc: "mark.langsdorf" <mark.langsdorf@xxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:51:19 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So, I continued my deep-dive into cpufreq handling for the above
mentioned CPU.

Compiled and installed xen-unstable.hg and linux-2.6.18-xen.hg as of
16.01.09
with the config from the original Bastian Blank (waldi) kernel I use.

I left out dist/install/etc/xen because it killed my network config.
Hope this
doesn't introduced finding 3.

Finding 1 (good!):      no powernow-k8 out of synchs anymore!
Finding 2 (good!):      no TSC drifts anymore!
Finding 3 (bad):                DomUs with PCI devices handed over complain
that they need also the
                                PCI device of the VGA card (although it doesn't
share an IRQ with the
                                card in question.

Although I still have trouble to treat the CPU so bad that the ondemand
governor accelerates
a bit, I am thinking I'm on the right way.

This a bit of reporting just in case others check out the same
configuration.

BR,
Carsten.