RE: [Xen-devel] xen_phys_start for 32b

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] xen_phys_start for 32b
From: "Cihula, Joseph" <joseph.cihula@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 10:29:07 -0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 10:29:57 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm confused by how the code in setup.c sets xenheap_phys_start.  It is
initially set by:
    xenheap_phys_start = init_boot_allocator(__pa(&_end));
This value gets used by:
    /* Initialise the Xen heap, skipping RAM holes. */
    init_xenheap_pages(xenheap_phys_start, xenheap_phys_end);
    nr_pages = (xenheap_phys_end - xenheap_phys_start) >> PAGE_SHIFT;
But then a few lines later, it is re-set:
    xenheap_phys_start = xen_phys_start;

I don't understand the reason for this last assignment on 32b systems, since
xen isn't really using this low memory for its heap.

Joe