[Xen-devel] pv_ops dom0 kernel crashes

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] pv_ops dom0 kernel crashes
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:34:40 +0200
Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 06:35:03 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello.

I got serial console working (still haven't figured out how to get VGA
console to work), so now I managed to capture the pv_ops dom0 kernel
crashes.

http://pasik.reaktio.net/xen/pv_ops-dom0-debug/pv_ops-dom0-bootlog-1.txt
http://pasik.reaktio.net/xen/pv_ops-dom0-debug/pv_ops-dom0-bootlog-2.txt

Two logs.. they seem to be a bit different from each other.

Other one ends with "xen: disable pci device 0000:00:1f.1" and the other one
has "Disabling IRQ #12" in addition to that..

After the crash hitting ctrl-alt-del seems to reboot the box, so it's not
totally dead.

Hardware is some years old Supermicro P8SCI motherboard with Intel P4 3,2 GHz
CPU
and 2 GB of RAM. I have only one IDE HDD attached to onboard ICH6 IDE
controller,
although the motherboard also has ICH6 SATA (AHCI) controller, and also some
additional Promise IDE/SATA controllers, which are currently not used at all.

Xen hypervisor (3.3.0-2 from Fedora rawhide) is 32 bit PAE. Dom0 kernel is
32 bit PAE aswell. Same kernel works just fine on baremetal without Xen.

Is there something I should try to solve the problem? Need more information?

logs when the same kernel is booted on baremetal (without Xen):

http://pasik.reaktio.net/xen/pv_ops-dom0-debug/baremetal-dmesg.txt
http://pasik.reaktio.net/xen/pv_ops-dom0-debug/baremetal-lspci.txt
http://pasik.reaktio.net/xen/pv_ops-dom0-debug/baremetal-lspci-vv.txt

-- Pasi