RE: [Xen-devel] Multiple IRQ's in HVM for Windows

To: "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Multiple IRQ's in HVM for Windows
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 21:15:16 +1100
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 02:15:54 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On 26/12/2008 03:29, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > I really need to have the ability to tie event channel port's to
> > interrupts for my gplpv drivers under Windows. Is anyone working on
> > anything like this? Does MSI allow more than one interrupt per PCI
> > device?
>
> What kind of interface do you want?

I'm not entirely sure. Windows makes it hard.

Essentially, I need to be able to tie an event channel to a PIC or APIC
interrupt, and have a way of checking the event channel to see if it was
responsible for the interrupt and then clearing the pending flag for
only that event channel. I don't think that in itself is that hard -
what will be hard is making Windows happy to have those interrupt lines
as resources and to program the APIC correctly to allow them to be
delivered.

The above probably shows a lack of understanding on my part about how
events are delivered into hvm domains as interrupts - can you point me
to what files I need to look at to understand this better? Then maybe
I'll have a better idea about what I'm asking for (or I'll understand
why it won't work :)

Thanks

James