Re: [Xen-devel] xenbus message id's

To: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "List: Xen Developers" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xenbus message id's
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:51:12 +0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 00:51:13 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 21/12/2008 03:50, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Unless there is a good reason to allow multiple outstanding requests,
> I'll change the xenbus code in GPLPV to be more like the linux version
> as it looks quite a bit simpler. xenbus is hardly a performance
> sensitive interface...

Request/response pairs are serialised in the C xenstored. Further, multiple
in-flight transactions are allowed (although the rather basic conflict
detection means that all but the first to commit will be failed).

We might move to a smarter xenstored, but overall higher parallel
performance of one domain's xenbus implementation is probably not a very
important thing to optimise?

 -- Keir