RE: [Xen-devel] poweroff in 3.2 and 3.3

To: 'Keir Fraser' <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] poweroff in 3.2 and 3.3
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:11:38 +0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 00:12:14 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

warn on unpaused domains and online dom0 vcpus.

>I'm not sure what the WARN_ON() condition would be. A forceful
>domain_pause()/vcpu_pause() is a good idea anyway.
>
> -- Keir

I'm pretty sure that domains will be busy catching up missing ticks
and throw warnings after system is waken up. Why should Xen
continue the progress even when we're aware the fact that something
will be hurted if doing so? Return a error with warning thrown out at
least let user know current condition inapproriate for s3 (e.g. some
incautious action) who can turn back to normal flow then. This is like
normal OS suspend flow which simply exits if some checks fail.

Thanks,
Kevin