Re: [Xen-devel] Why I cannot reconnect blk backend

Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Why I cannot reconnect blk backend
From: Wayne Gong <wayne.gong@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:56:58 +0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:58:13 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All I can suggest is that your turn on the logging in xenstore and watch
what happens - looking for differences between what happens then xenvbd
first starts up and when it resumes.
blkback: ring-ref 335, event-channel 5, protocol 1 (unspecified, assuming native)
vbd vbd-3-768: 1 mapping ring-ref 335 port 5
blkback: ring-ref 335, event-channel 5, protocol 1 (unspecified, assuming native)
vbd vbd-3-768: 1 mapping ring-ref 335 port 5
blkback: ring-ref 335, event-channel 5, protocol 1 (unspecified, assuming native)
vbd vbd-3-768: 1 mapping ring-ref 335 port 5

What's this mean?
I guess when vbd device resume, I use a mapped ring-ref to initialize device. When vbd device resume, I allocate some new memory and call SHARED_RING_INIT to init them and then save the ring-ref to xenstore. After that, xenstore pops a warning as above. How can I release that ring-ref when suspend vbd device, or how to reallocate a new ring-ref for vbd device?

Thanks
Wayne