[Xen-devel] Checking hypercall page existence!

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Checking hypercall page existence!
From: "Jayaraman, Bhaskar" <Bhaskar.Jayaraman@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 13:45:30 +0530
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 01:16:01 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I've mapped hypercall pages onto a VxWorks HVM using the CPUID and WRMSR
instructions on a 32 bit pentium machine. However, when I'm trying to make a
hypercall on it the hypercall on it I'm unable to succeed and it fails. I tried
the HYPERVISOR_xen_version and HYPERVISOR_vm_assist hypercalls and they both
are returning < 0 values.
I was wondering whether there is any way in which I can verify whether the
hypercall pages have actually been mapped. I could take a dump of the pages
that wrmsr maps into my domain and look through it for hypercall opcodes but if
there is an easier way to confirm that, like a signature in the page mapped,
please let me know.
Thanks.
Bhaskar.