RE: [Xen-devel] iommu: mapping reserved region failed - Q35 - VT-D Issue

To: "Stefan Bauer" <stefan.bauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] iommu: mapping reserved region failed - Q35 - VT-D Issue
From: "Ross Philipson" <Ross.Philipson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:51:33 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:52:04 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Stefan,

So those errors happened during booting DOM0 and then you checked xm
dmesg, correct? Then you started a 2k VM and the system reset. Can you
rebuild xen with debug=y, you might get more information about why the
context mapping is failing. We could also put some more trace in there
to see exactly what happens.

Can you attach a serial cable and send the output from xen and dom0 to
COM1 or something like that? There may be some relevant information
traced out right before the reset that you are not seeing (it is
probably a crash in xen that is resetting the system).

Ross