Re: [Xen-devel] supervisor_mode_kernel and hypercall

To: "Yanjun Wu" <yanjun.wu@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] supervisor_mode_kernel and hypercall
From: "Furquan Shaikh" <furquan.m.shaikh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 22:10:29 +0530
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:40:59 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=/m+vYb0RKpnEJ3Pd2xkL45lPOQtzg1CtGAhVudCN4yw=; b=jPNiZJhn4Y53ojAy0mi1CWBGrFXQi7bYiOSMLODsVoLzuh6ktygym6YPlpXyXItzIJ tEo4udii0HR7HQSvYM5vDNn9GvIRDqVbWBOaAr4tCkF+OMeZzrJ/p7lCHezb8LAk62vi EIGJsHH8isdgijYrzwuzHBPo3RPeG6INnW21U=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,
Similarly its mentioned in the same book that now fast system call
handlers are used and control does not go to hypervisor.... Does it
mean that there is no interception by the hypervisor at alll during
system call???
You all must be wondering why do i wish to go to a method where system
call would go to guest OS via hypervisor... But actually I am
implementing a security system as a part of my project and i need
this... Can anyone please help me more with it that is it possible in
xen 3.x to make a system call be intercepted by hypervisor before
going to guest kernel? Or do i need to switch to an older xen?

Thanking you all,
Furquan