[Xen-devel] Split driver for sharing memory pages

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Split driver for sharing memory pages
From: Francesco Fucci <frankiefucci@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 12:15:20 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 03:15:45 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello to everyone,
I need for my thesis and research purpose to write a split driver very simple in which the frontend shares a page of kernel memory granting the access to the dom0 and backend
maps this page in its space address.(My dom0 and domU are two linux machines with the 2.6.18.8 kernel)
I use the xenbus API to register my backend module(and also the frontend) in the way of every split driver but when i try to insmod my driver seems to be not registered
Is there a way to watch the driver in the xenstore directory backend without recompiling the kernel?
For watching changes in the xenstore tree do i need to register either parts of the driver?
Is there other documentation on this topic(i read the wiki and the definitive guide of xen)?

Thank you very much for your support
Cheers
Francesco