RE: [Xen-devel] Re: cpuid information to hvm guest

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Re: cpuid information to hvm guest
From: "Kamble, Nitin A" <nitin.a.kamble@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:32:02 -0700
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:33:01 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Keir,

    I think what you are suggesting would work, and I was also thinking about it.

Only thing is we will be adding 2nd effect to nullify 1st effect. IMHO correcting 1st effect will be a better.

Why are you so sensitive to changing vlapic_id? If it has to stay the same, then I can provide you a patch with your approach.

Thanks & Regards,

Nitin

Linux Open Source Technology Center, Intel Corporation

The Mind is like a parachute; it works much better when it's open.