Re: [Xen-devel] HVM resumable with -c flag?

To: "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] HVM resumable with -c flag?
From: "Mike Sun" <msun@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:33:42 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:34:07 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references :x-google-sender-auth; bh=r9PG2iKXhqolaoemfWQm477U6in/4JRyQqPmsomH4MA=; b=byjNFWDhHMc9czaY0Mcbk8FtyITm7QaW/lx/PF4lZQX0JYiuVJvhhxuzlQrO2iJ8Al Kyo7A1Msz6vsV4qyKDDjU7kwJpugSbhaS5uguv+UnDj/oVh7m7rAlgEISFxGM7eEzJ41 KX6ecU3XdEBIKoLdo8ysqqW098IQEWg5scCWI=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references:x-google-sender-auth; b=D5pPMOWWvwkWtVJtfsJ/bonCCf/SVTIfPHakI+aENBP/WjLNNzZ2chgY2OW4mS7H7k 0qXWM5gXUyN8kX2jlYN9936jnO4jUw8wlZUPxXrIbsUySHNukgEz++PIWUzJZ08+B+wo SNdn1nCnn3eLaY5FhTluyyWXO24uYT3xoy0fE=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are you saying that all HVM
guests are now resumable and there no longer needs to be any check for
that as was done by Brendan Cully's earlier patch requests?

If that's the case, there's something going on for me.  I've tried to
different HVM guests (a Debian installation and a Damn Small Linux
Live CD) and after checkpointing, the guests seem to get lodged in a
strange state.  I can no longer access the guest's console via VNC and
the state is reported by xend as "------".  Any ideas?

Thanks!
Mike