Re: [Xen-devel] PV-GRUB - Does not read partition-less disk

To: Marco Sinhoreli <msinhore@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] PV-GRUB - Does not read partition-less disk
From: Bastian Blank <bastian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:24:57 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 23:25:29 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 10:38:51PM -0300, Marco Sinhoreli wrote:
> In this case, are you using the root partition for all block device or
> is this partitioned?

Äh, this is one device with a filesystem on it.

>                      If you are using all block device (the logical
> volume) to root disk, you need to set in your conffile it to 'xvda1'.

Since when does this set more then the name flag in xenstore and emulate
a partition table for use by the system? And no, this does not work
either.

Bastian

--
Violence in reality is quite different from theory.
                -- Spock, "The Cloud Minders", stardate 5818.4