Re: [Xen-devel] Doubt about kernel support for Xen 3.3.0

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 04:17:54PM +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:11:09AM -0300, Gustavo Alkmim wrote:
> > Thanks George. I didn't want to use 'doubt' in the negative connotation.
> > Sorry about that :-)
> >
> > Another question. I started to use the kernel 2.6.26-r1 but I can't start
> > the xend service. The error message says that I can't start because it isn't
> > a dom0 kernel. Someone knows how can I start the xend service using the
> > 2.6.26-r1 kernel?
> >
> > Thanks, and sorry about my english mistakes again.
> >

> 2.6.26 or 2.6.27 kernels do _not_ contain dom0 support.

dom0 support for 2.6.2x (pv_ops) kernels is being worked on currently..
it'll appear in 2.6.28 the earliest.

See: http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps

dom0 support is officially available only in xensource 2.6.18 kernels,
at the moment.

(There are forward-ported xensource xen patches for other/newer kernels
aswell, including dom0 support, but they tend to have less testing and
more problems than the official xensource 2.6.18 kernels).

-- Pasi