Re: [Xen-devel] Problem with xenconsole

Christoph Egger writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Problem with xenconsole"):
> On Wednesday 20 August 2008 17:26:19 Ian Jackson wrote:
> > The way you have described it makes it sound like you're close to
> > isolating it as a kernel misbehaviour.  Is that right ?
>
> Almost. It is hard to say, select() does not work or this has already
> been fixed, otherwise.

Well, if select() does not work I would expect this to be a known
problem and for BSD kernel developers to be interested.

If I were you I would set out to construct a comprehensive and
incontrovertible demonstration that it is a kernel bug.  That exercise
will almost certainly reveal the real problem to be something else :-).

> > You should double-check the stty settings.  There are some of these
> > which are capable of having very strange symptoms in this kind of area
> > (particularly, `min' and `time' which should be min=1, time=0)
>
> This is the case on Dom0 serial console and ssh sessions to the Dom0.
> I haven't check the settings for the guests ptys yet.

I meant that you should check the settings on the fd whose behaviour
with select() seems anomalous.

Ian.