Re: [Xen-devel] nmi cache weirdness???

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] nmi cache weirdness???
From: Mukesh Rathor <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 20:36:01 -0700
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 20:37:42 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You are right! What's happening is that when pressing NMI, this hardware generates it on all CPUs. During my prev experiments on different systems, it was always only one CPU, BSP, receiving the external NMI. I was totally not expecting it, and given that watchdog was disabled and nothing else to generate NMI, i was baffled.

Anyways, your response got me thinking in the possibiliy of different source. thanks. Mukesh