[Xen-devel] Announcing: Open OVF project source code availibility

To: kvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, virtualization@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Announcing: Open OVF project source code availibility
From: "Mike D. Day" <ncmike@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:34:33 -0400
Cc: smoser@xxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 07:35:00 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Announcing the open-ovf project and source code availibility.

Hi folks, we are announcing the availibility of source code for the
open-ovf project.

OVF is a standard packaging format for virtual machines and software
appliances. The open-ovf project is seeking contributors and users to
help establish OVF as a transparent and platform-nuetral method for
packaing virtual machine images.

We anticipate being able to deploy a single OVF package to either Xen
or KVM. Eventually expanding that list to include VMware, Hyper-V, and
other platforms. Getting to that point will require community
contributions.

For a quick summary of OVF and the open source project, see the .pdf
from the recent Xen summit located at:

http://www.xen.org/files/xensummitboston08/open-ovf-proposal.pdf

The open-ovf project is hosted at sourceforge:

http://open-ovf.wiki.sourceforge.net/

And source code is hosted in a git repository:

http://gitorious.org/projects/open-ovf/repos

Scott Moser <smoser@xxxxxxxxxx> is the project maintainer.

Please feel free to respond to this email if you have any questions!

Mike

--
Mike D. Day
IBM LTC