Re: [Xen-devel] Problems building caml-stubdom

Geoffrey Lefebvre, le Wed 06 Aug 2008 23:56:21 -0700, a écrit :
> > Ok.  I had just tested with the debian-provided caml binaries.
>
> I was originally using the ubuntu 8.04 ocaml binaries and I also tried
> using the ocaml 3.09 tar ball from inria.

The source code itself probably doesn't matter so much, it's actually
rather the configuration and glibc it's linking with that matters.

> Following your advice, I tried building the caml stubdomain using
> debian 4.0. The version of ocaml is 3.09.2. I get undefined reference
> to open64 and lseek64.

I guess you have a 32bit machine?  I don't think I have tried that.  The
problem here is that the caml binary uses the linux ABI.  I don't think
we want to support that ad aeternam.  I hoped that for (very) basic use
we wouldn't have to recompile caml.  I guess I can easily just add them,
I'll see.

> Which version of debian and ocaml did you use to build the stub
> domain?

debian 3.10.2-3.

Samuel