Re: [Xen-devel] On netfront accelerator add/remove watches

To: Kieran Mansley <kmansley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] On netfront accelerator add/remove watches
From: BVK Chaitanya <bayapuneni_chaitanya@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 18:14:24 +0530
Cc: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Neil Turton <nturton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 05:40:20 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kieran Mansley wrote:
On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 10:28 +0530, BVK Chaitanya wrote:
Under heavy load and very fine suspend-resume cycles, multiple suspend_cancel instances can be running simultaneously.

I'd be very surprised if that was the case, a lot more would go wrong if
suspend_cancel was running more than once simultaneously for the same
domain.

We think the bug is due to the suspend being called before the frontend
has reached XenbusStateConnected, then suspend_cancel restoring the
watch that wasn't there before, and then the frontend moving to
XenbusStateConnected and trying to set the watch again.

Here's a patch that should fix that problem.  Could you test and see if
it solves the problem you're seeing?  I've not been able to check it
myself as I'm unable to get a recent xen-unstable.hg that will build for
one reason or another today.

Yeah, i will test with your patch and let you know.

--
bvk-chaitanya