[Xen-devel] Bug in xenstore once domid gets big?

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Bug in xenstore once domid gets big?
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 23:13:20 +1000
Delivery-date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 06:13:44 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In testing save+restore on the gplpv drivers I've clocked up a pretty
high domid - the domain I just created is id = 3015.

I've noticed that my domains are taking longer and longer to create, eg
there is a noticeable pause now between 'xm create' and being able to
connect via vnc, and I'm sure it was almost instant straight after Dom0
was last rebooted.

To test if there was any cruft built up in my xenstore, I did a
'xenstore-ls | wc -l', and got a segfault and a "kernel: invalid opcode:
0000 [2] SMP" message in my syslog.

/var/lib/xenstored/tdb, which I assume is xenstore's database, is
12730368 bytes in size.

Is someone able to reproduce this problem? I'm using the xen-3.2-1
binaries from Debian Lenny.

Thanks

James