[Xen-devel] Interrupt synchronisation and HVM

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Interrupt synchronisation and HVM
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:34:37 +1000
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 22:35:01 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am I correct in saying that setting HVM_PARAM_CALLBACK_IRQ to 0 disables
interrupts in a HVM domain?

I'm finding that an interrupt in a HVM domain is getting called well
after I do the above. My theory is that there is something about the way
HVM stuff works that an interrupt could be 'in the pipeline' and could
still occur even though I set HVM_PARAM_CALLBACK_IRQ to 0 and mask off
the interrupts (evtchn_upcall_mask = 1 for all CPU's)

If that could happen, I'll need to work around it...

Thanks

james