Re: [Xen-devel] Enabling domU to create other domUs

Derek Murray writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Enabling domU to create other domUs"):
> If you simply want to be able to create domains from a DomU, have you
> considered installing xm in that domain and configuring it to use the
> instance of xend that runs in Dom0?

The protocol that xm speaks to xend contains the pathnames of the
backing files for block devices and so forth, which are interpreted by
xend, qemu-dm, etc., in the context of dom0.

This may or may not be what you want :-).  But it is another way in
which the domU in this case has the ability to mess with the machine
in ways that an untrusted domain shouldn't.  Whether that's a problem
depends on whether you wanted Xen (as a whole, including the tools
etc.) to defend you from this domU.

Ian.