[Xen-devel] Re: 2.6.26-rc8 pv_ops causes Unhandled invalid opcode fault/

To: "Christopher S. Aker" <caker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: 2.6.26-rc8 pv_ops causes Unhandled invalid opcode fault/trap
From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:39:25 -0700
Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, virtualization@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:39:51 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Christopher S. Aker wrote:
Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
Were there any other errors/warnings printed here?

Nope.  Just some whitespace.

Are you sure? Could you send a full xm dmesg log output? The crash is from a BUG() caused by a failing hypercall. Since you have compiled Xen with debug enabled, it should have printed something about why it was failing the hypercall.

Unfortunately, I included the entire dmesg output from that xm create run. Here's more of the transcript in case it's useful:

http://www.theshore.net/~caker/xen/pvops-bug1/log.txt

Although, looking at it again, I did miss this line:

(XEN) mm.c:645:d341 Non-privileged (341) attempt to map I/O space 000d2e50

Good, that's what I was hoping to see. (Well, actually not that *particular* message, which is strange, but some explanatory message at least.)