Re: [Xen-devel] How to enable serial driver on 2.6.18 for Intel DQ35JO?

To: "Neo Jia" <neojia@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] How to enable serial driver on 2.6.18 for Intel DQ35JO?
From: "Jean Guyader" <jean.guyader@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:01:40 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Grzegorz Miłoś <gm281@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 02:02:04 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=eSEYWDrJsogd/tsAGauFNeaBg2TtwDUB243F/i/vLHg=; b=STwD0gY5IpVIKSHdMXBwjsIfb9UW90vIfNXV7V08T4kcN8UNBYRJR9q5rSxdz9hzpN dPuOrgNQwEsN+Dt4k1b+2YFSR/e6D4hBznOMhotgqNApsAwCUnbu7GAF0PpHCEgSD7yS Sugi/PNdcvcTyBFnhPn47owbkq2Y2f66B6lDQ=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Neo,

You should try in your config file:

serial="/dev/ttyS0"

2008/6/20 Neo Jia <neojia@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I need to pass through (not VT-d) the real serial port to the DomU and
> debug it with kgdb. And I even can't see anything in my dmesg | grep
> tty, which is executed in dom0.
>
> I just compared the linux-xen config file for x86_64 and x86_32. It
> looks that we disable the serial 8250 driver on x86_64 machine.
>
> Thanks,
> Neo
>

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 1:41 AM, Grzegorz Miłoś <gm281@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I need to use the onboard serial port to debug DomU. But I can't see
>>> it from the dmesg | grep tty output.
>>
>> Serial port is (usually) assigned to Xen + Dom0. You can however use
>> xencons to debug your DomU.
>> Gerd Hoffman's XenSummit presentation is a good resource to learn about
>> xencons:
>> http://xen.xensource.com/files/xensummit_4/xensummit_linux_console_slides.pdf
>>
>> In my DomU config files I have:
>> extra = "console=xvc0 xencons=xvc"
>> This should be enough to get you started.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Gr(z)egor(z)
>>

>>> Is there anybody can use this board to debug DomU?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Neo
>>> --
>>> I would remember that if researchers were not ambitious
>>> probably today we haven't the technology we are using!

> --
> I would remember that if researchers were not ambitious
> probably today we haven't the technology we are using!

Jean Guyader