[Xen-devel] Status of hardware performance counters in Xen

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Status of hardware performance counters in Xen
From: Viren Kumar <virenk@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:41:42 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:42:33 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering what the current status of hardware performance counter
usability in Xen is. I see some old posts describing the diffculties of
virtualizing hardware counters within dom0 and the domUs, but not much else.

Have they been implemented or are they in the process of being implemented? Or
are there no future plans for implementation? Any help would be appreciated.

My platform would be Xen with Solaris x86 as the dom0 (xVM) and Solaris or
Linux as the domUs.

Thanks,
Viren