Re: [Xen-devel] hi

Ben Guthro writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] hi"): From the discussions - there
> seemed to be indication that QEMU already supported a
> reverse-engineered format (before MS released specs for VHD) called
> VPC

This is block-vpc.c which is in upstream qemu and also in ioemu.
I haven't checked at all whether the code in qemu upstream works or
has been changed recently.  But that would be the right place to
start.

Because `tap:qcow:...' in Xen config files is implemented in ioemu by
iterating over the image format drivers until one of them recognises
the format, you may well be able to pass a suitable disk image
directly in the xen domain config file - despite it not really being
qcow at all.

Ian.