Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.1 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

To: "Tomasz Chmielewski" <mangoo@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.1 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows
From: "Emre ERENOGLU" <erenoglu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 17:39:42 +0200
Cc: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 May 2008 08:40:58 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=GyL8zx6V9426G9hvo7B8YNMvmx9RQAs9dQHj2ppAS3w=; b=isyLUoIHbWPV1FnRObSdZKvxhPdknFfIDFJ4UBO8/p2DPiG5SCqLbIKT9/WcY31zUB4rkM+yhbc0u65Xwjnk+wnkkWYD5D4Iytph6aUMnIsVq6YUTs3bzick23C8pOfndBmZ4Aq1EztoRyhWIXXE+1/nADHHyefZ56lH/AX7KBc=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

If you look at my posts in the last months, I've conducted a test for network and disk drivers on a Linux HVM running with unmodified_drivers (PV Drivers for Linux).

The result was that Linux HVM with PV drivers performed nearly at the same speed as the Dom0. thus we can say that Windows PV drivers have still some gap to close, but let's try to do a new test with James' latest drivers.

Emre