Re: [Xen-devel] Re: The issue of booting windows guest

To: "Xu, Dongxiao" <dongxiao.xu@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: The issue of booting windows guest
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 11:11:58 +0100
Cc: "Zhang, Li" <li.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 May 2008 03:12:38 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 22/5/08 10:44, "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 22/5/08 10:37, "Xu, Dongxiao" <dongxiao.xu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Keir,
>>       In our nightly test, most of the windows guests cannot boot. And
>> my colleague and I checked this issue and find that this issue is caused
>> by C/S 17693. Some code in that changeset is:
>
> Argh. My stupid mistake and an ugly switch statement. :-)

Okay, I fixed it in c/s 17697, but still this should not have caused a
hypervisor crash as described in bugzilla bug #1259. There must be some
assumption in the vram dirty tracking code that the SVGA BAR is mapped. I've
asked Samuel to take a look into the underlying hypervisor crash.

 -- Keir