[Xen-devel] add a hypercall to make hypervisor call Xen key handlers?

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] add a hypercall to make hypervisor call Xen key handlers?
From: "Li, Xin B" <xin.b.li@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 00:01:10 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:02:19 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keir,
currently if we want to dump VMCS, we have to trigger the xen key
handler using Xen serial console, but lots of machine come without
serial port. so how about adding a hypercall to make hypervisor call Xen
key handler instread from Xen serial console? then we can use "xm dmesg"
to check dumpped content. sometimes this method will be very useful,
like to check if a guest is using EPT or if FlexPriority is turned on.
-Xin