RE: [Xen-devel] Linux TCP Checksum offload limitations

To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Linux TCP Checksum offload limitations
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 21:23:25 +1100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 03:23:54 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Can someone please confirm that this is a limitation of Linux and/or
> > Xen?
>
> What version of Windows has this problem?

I am not seeing it on Windows 2003 sp1 or sp2, but am seeing it on XP sp2.

Andy is seeing it on XP sp2 and I think Windows 2003.

> Did you find out anything about it yet?

We're working on it. The solution I'm testing right now involves copying the
header fragments to a single buffer. Not sure what it will do for performance...

James