Re: [Xen-devel] Network scripts start/stop

To: Christopher Thunes <c2thunes@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Network scripts start/stop
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:13:29 +0100
Delivery-date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 02:14:33 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 5/4/08 00:28, "Christopher Thunes" <c2thunes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   I was poking around with some network scripts for Xen today (3.2-testing) and noticed that regardless of whether xend start, xend restart, or xend stop was called a 'start' argument was passed on to the network script (network-bridge, network-route, etc.). I can't imagine this is normal behavior and it seems that the only place that these scripts are called is from a global function call in xend/XendPIF.py around line 35 ("Vifctl.network('start')"). I commented this line out and added appropriate calls to Vifctl.network('start') and Vifctl.network('stop') in xend/server/SrvServer.py in the functions cleanup and start. If someone can let me know if this is standard behavior and if not, if there is a better way to fix the problem it would be much appreciated.

The established behaviour is that networking is brought up with xend, and remains up even across xend stops and restarts. Possibly xend stop and restart should not be calling the network scripts at all, but that’s a pretty minor issue.

 -- Keir