Re: [Xen-devel] Windows Bug Check 0x101 issue

Alan Cox writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Windows Bug Check 0x101 issue"):
> On a raid volume that will give wrong results and incorrect recovery
> behaviour. You need to report correct information. In addition a lot of
> software treats repeated errors on flush as a device failure after a
> certain count.
>
> If a write to the underlying emulated media fails you know at least which
> write fails and usually the page that failed (as you get a short write)

Well, no, because in this case we're calling f(data)sync.  So we get
no information from the dom0 kernel about what went wrong.

You're right about _writes_ rather than flush requests, if the drive
write cache is turned off.  I think that reporting errors in those
cases is already done correctly now, including details of the block
offsets, but I haven't double-checked.

Ian.