Re: [Xen-devel] About passing through USB devices in HVM domain

To: "Alex Novik" <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] About passing through USB devices in HVM domain
From: "陈诚" <concretechen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:53:15 +0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 04:53:41 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=rEWSpyt7Py23blTeaMmMQIXuL189Vdv5BFde9MuHCxw=; b=W3BfLI/EQODMgyYJA0hiebrEkme0dYQUgPn6VAHvvw9dHglSBpvM4La2/ev3vgJP9MGR4uhJQGddW2hJWAwKlps4iT2CuLCO2rgSdX1dXc4G4LQOgun/L8beH0tvy3IbtVSUuFWt5bRYGJv396vZywLubLEBFNpH/EcDVljqxNQ=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
a. The OHCI USB Controller has 4K MMIO region and it is aligned in DOM0.
b. Yes, but 1) the device that sharing this IRQ line never generate
any interrupts (it is the HDA device) 2) when we bind the interrupt,
we free any sharing IRQs explicitly in Xen by calling free_irq

We even 1-to-1 mapped the MMIO region.

The Neo patch adds a call to pt_intr_assist() between pt_update_irq()
and hvm_set_callback_irq_level() in vmx_intr_assist(), since we are
using SVM, we add the call to pt_intr_assist() between pt_update_irq()
and hvm_set_callback_irq_level() in svm_intr_assist().
// We have extracted the changes in the Neo patch and appied it to the
standard Xen-3.1 version

Thank you.