Re: [Xen-devel] how does variable num define for errno in libxc

To: tgh <wwwwww4187@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] how does variable num define for errno in libxc
From: Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:57:16 +0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 04:58:35 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 12:11 +0100 on 19 Mar (1205928715), Daniel Stodden wrote:
> >  another question
> >  i am confused about how to use shadow mechanism ,that is, when live
> > migration, after shutdown VM,and XEN_DOMCTL_SHADOW_OP_CLEAN, how to make VM
> >
> >  remain in shadow mode XEN_DOMCTL_SHADOW_OP_ENABLE_LOGDIRTY?  i have
> > modified the code to try to make it as follows
> >             if ( !(xc_shadow_control(xc_handle, dom,
> > XEN_DOMCTL_SHADOW_OP_OFF,
> >                                      NULL, 0, NULL, 0, NULL) >= 0 &&
> >                    xc_shadow_control(xc_handle, dom,
> >                                      XEN_DOMCTL_SHADOW_OP_ENABLE_LOGDIRTY,
> >                                      NULL, 0, NULL, 0, NULL) >= 0) )

If the domain is already in shadow log-dirty mode, and you want it to
remain in shadow log-dirty mode, surely you don't need to do anything at
all?

Cheers,

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Citrix Systems (R&D) Ltd.