[Xen-devel] RE: Question on sg in netback tx path

To: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: Question on sg in netback tx path
From: "Santos, Jose Renato G" <joserenato.santos@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 06:27:03 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 22:28:40 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Correct.

>but then how do I tell netback how long my
> first fragment is?

  Look at the line following the code above:
                first->size -= txp->size;

  This line subtract each fragment size from the "size" field in the first
fragment.
  When the loop ends you will have subtracted the size of all fragments and
first->size will now have the actual size of the first fragment.

Renato