RE: [Xen-devel] Shell test for pv vs hvm (vs dom0)

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Shell test for pv vs hvm (vs dom0)
From: "Dan Magenheimer" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:38:12 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:40:41 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for pointing this tool out!  Looks useful.

Unfortunately, for it to be broadly useful, it would have
to ship with all distros as compiling it "on demand" on
the guest is often not an option.

Porting xen-detect to shell script doesn't look possible since
it uses inline assembly.

Any other ideas?