RE: [Xen-devel] write page table in user mode

To: "Tim Deegan" <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] write page table in user mode
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 22:24:01 +0800
Cc: "Su, Disheng" <disheng.su@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 06:24:31 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BTW, as a heads up we're trying another heuristic to take DMA page
into unshadow candidate, which requires Qemu's help indicating
whether data in ioreq is a DMA target. This should help capture one
vague area when released page tables are used by kernel drivers.
DMA is normally one big factor for frequent page allocation/free. It's
also not affected by more complete emulator.

Now well, patch is just in progress and we need many experiments
to see how it behaves like compared to 3-write-unshadow, etc. But
We may be only able to get something after Chinese New Year
vacation. :-)

Thanks,
Kevin