RE: [Xen-devel] Need help figuring out why my windows pv drivers wontwor

To: "Samuel Thibault" <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Need help figuring out why my windows pv drivers wontwork with a 32 bit dom0...
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 23:23:25 +1100
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 04:24:33 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Haven't tried this test on 64 bit windows yet, but if 32 bit windows
and
> > 32 bit Linux align their structures differently, I can imagine that
> > problems are going to arise...
>
> Mmm, then we probably need to define windows-specific ABI types...

I have now gotten it to the point where:
Dom0=32, DomU=32 works (didn't work previously)
Dom0=64, DomU=64 works (worked previously)
Dom0=64, DomU=32 doesn't work (worked previously)

I'm completely baffled... the Dom0=64 + DomU=32 case is the one I've
been testing with all along, and it's only stopped working since I've
fixed up the structure alignment and told the backend that the frontend
is using the 32 bit abi.

James