Re: [Xen-devel] localtime=1 broken on HVM guests

To: Randy McAnally <rsm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] localtime=1 broken on HVM guests
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:03:23 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 03:04:09 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
With current xen-3.1-testing tip (which is basically not much different from
-rc2) I find the localtime option works fine for me. What I did was change
my dom0 timezone to US Pacific, then create a domU with 'localtime=1' in its
config file, and then create a domU with no localtime config. The former
showed output in 'date' 8 hours behind the 'date' output of the latter. The
guests were created using the usual 'xm create <config file>' method.

Are your dom0 user-space tools definitely up to date?

 -- Keir