[Xen-devel] Scheduler questions

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Scheduler questions
From: "Guy Zana" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 05:45:55 -0500
Cc: Alex Novik <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 02:47:39 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

1. vcpu_kick - Is it immediately perform a context switch or just push the vcpu that was specified to be the next in line? is there an overhead time? how much time pass between executing vcpu_kick until the vcpu is actually running?
2. If I want the scheduler to be a bit more interactive, can I decrease the default msecs per slice (CSCHED_MSECS_PER_TSLICE)? What will be the side effects of that?

Thanks in advance,
Guy.