Re: [Xen-devel] 3.1.x and 3.2.x releases

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 3.1.x and 3.2.x releases
From: "S.Çağlar Onur" <caglar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:17:08 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 02:17:56 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Keir;

28 Ara 2007 Cum tarihinde, Keir Fraser şunları yazmıştı:
> It's not obvious what the problem is. DEFINE_XEN_GUEST_HANDLE() is defined
> at that point in xen.h because we have used it earlier. This is also true
> for uint8_t, uint16_t, etc. You'll have to do a bit more digging (e.g., use
> gcc -E option to get the post-processed source, and see if that shows
> anything obviously wrong).

Seems like

[...]
DEFINE_XEN_GUEST_HANDLE(uint8_t);
DEFINE_XEN_GUEST_HANDLE(uint16_t);
DEFINE_XEN_GUEST_HANDLE(uint32_t);
DEFINE_XEN_GUEST_HANDLE(uint64_t);
[...]

in xen.h converted

[...]
typedef unsigned char * __guest_handle_unsigned char;
typedef unsigned short int * __guest_handle_unsigned short int;
typedef unsigned int * __guest_handle_unsigned int;
typedef unsigned long long int * __guest_handle_unsigned long long int;
[...]

and

[...]
            XEN_GUEST_HANDLE(uint8_t) edid;
[...]

in platform.h converted

[...]
            __guest_handle_unsigned char edid;
[...]

which causes the build errors.

Cheers
--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!