Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Kernel seems to crash in a xen environme

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, drindt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Kernel seems to crash in a xen environment and using crossover-office/ wine
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 18:54:59 +0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 10:55:42 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello Keir,
>
> the numbers above a represent what? bugreports? Iam not sure which part
> of xen must be replaced. Is it the xen-kernel into my the affected domU?
> Possibly that a rpm exits for Fedora Distro?

These are changeset numbers in the mercurial repository for xen-unstable (a
changeset is roughly "a patch" from the development history).

If you were to clone a copy of the repository and build it, you could test for
yourself whether it works.  You'd need to uninstall all the fedora Xen stuff
first.

> And how to support the Fedora Development team to integrate the fix?

If you report the bug (plus how to reproduce) to them and mention those
changesets in your report then they might be able to backport the fixes, I
guess...  In which case, it would be helpful to them to know if those patches
do fix your problem.  It'd be understandable if you didn't want to build Xen
yourself, though.

Alternatively, it may well get fixed in a newer release of Fedora when they
roll in an updated upstream Xen version.

Final thought: if we did verify that those changeset fixed the problem,
perhaps they could be rolled into a point release of 3.1, then maybe Fedora
could just pull that in (Keir?  thoughts?)

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!