[Xen-devel] [RFC] x86: more debugging adjustments

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] [RFC] x86: more debugging adjustments
From: "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 12:50:50 +0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 04:50:36 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Apart from the cleanup patches just sent I also have two bigger ones in
the queue. I'm not certain they qualify for 3.2 at this point, though: While
most of them can be considered enhancements, the io-brkp one (which
depends on the inject-sstep one) also fixes the issue of guests on x86-64
not being able to utilize 8-byte breakpoints, and it reduces the likelihood
of needing to restore the debug registers by only looking at the enable
bits in the respective conditions (as HVM was already doing).

Therefore I'd like to understand whether these patches can go in in their
current shape, or whether I should split out at least the 8-byte bug fix
and submit this separately.

Thanks, Jan