[Xen-devel] netfront/back documentation on wiki

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] netfront/back documentation on wiki
From: Andy Grover <andy.grover@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:33:47 -0800
Cc: dme@xxxxxxx, "Santos, Jose Renato G" <joserenato.santos@xxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:36:15 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I've taken a stab at documenting the current interface between netfront
and netback drivers, here:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetFrontBackInterface

Currently, the only way for non-Linux implementers to adhere to this
interface is to study the Linux netfront driver, which has a great deal
of optimizations and is not meant to be documentation.

I'd love it if the experts in this area could help correct and fill-in
the info there now, and hopefully we can end up with some useful docs.

Thanks -- Andy