Re: [Xen-devel] automatic memory resource balance

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] automatic memory resource balance
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 17:01:08 +0000
Cc: weiming <zephyr.zhao@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:02:08 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Does xen have plan to do automatic memory resource balance among
> virtual machines via ballooning and/or hotplug memory?
>
> I checked the user manual of xen enterprise server, but it doesn't
> mention this. Is there any plan or concern to implement this?

The Open Source version of Xen doesn't do this automatically.  It shouldn't be
too hard to get a basic implementation of the mechanism working.  The
discussion on this mailing list is mostly about the development of the OSS
Xen.

The commercial XenEnterprise product is a separate thing, and questions about
it are best asked at the forums: http://forums.xensource.com.  As far as I
know it also does not have this functionality at this time.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!